The Billiard Congress of America, via the WPA/BCA committee, has today released the list of events that are going to be used in calendar year 2010 as Points Ranking events.
These events are listed with their dates and contact information:
1) The US Open 10-Ball Championship. May 17-22. Mark Griffin. 702-719-7665
2) Turning Stone Summer. August 19-22. Mike Zuglan. 518-356-7163
3) The US Open 9-Ball Championship. October 17-23. Barry Behrman 757-499-8900
4) The Seminole Tour Finale. Date in December TBD. Erica Bachelor. 954-985-5701
5) The Reno Open. Nov. 29-Dec. 6. Tony Annigoni. 831-277-0216
6) The Reno Invitational. Nov. 29-Dec. 6. Tony Annigoni. 831-277-0216
There may be at least two additions to the calendar as the year progresses. Turning Stone may schedule another December event, or may go back to their normal mid-winter dates. We will keep you posted. And Corey Deuel may have another event of which the format and rules are under discussion. Again, we will give plenty of notice on these events should they occur.
The BCA Ranking Events award points to the players according to their finishing position. It is these points that are used by the BCA to invite players to compete in international competitions such as the World 8-Ball, World 9-Ball and World Ten Ball Championships. These same rankings are used by independent promoters such as Matchroom Sport as a factor in determining the make-up of their playing fields.