As of January 1st, 2010 the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour has restructured the eligibility/disqualification rules for all players wishing to participate in the events. The new rules structure has been changed to reflect our increase of events, regions and prize monies added to the amateur division of the Viking Tours.
You Can Not Play in the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour events if in the prior 5 years:
1. You have ever won any Open Regional Tour event with 32 or more players in the event.
2. You have placed in 2nd or 3rd place of any $10,000 added tournament.
3. You have 8 or more 2nd or 3rd place finishes in open regional tour events with 32 or more players in the event.
4. You have won 6 or more Amateur events on any other Amateur tours (combined) and not including the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour.
5. You have ever been considered a male professional player.
6. You have ever been in the top 8 of the WPBA or are currently in the top 32 of the WP BA.
7. If you have ever won any National title in either Amateur or Handicapped play in any tournaments or leagues.
8. You are a known Road Player or Top Player in your region.
If you fall into any of the above categories the Viking Cue “Open” or “Amateur-Advanced” 9-Ball Tour is the division for you. Additionally, who may and who may not play in the Amateur division is at the sole discretion of the director at the event or the Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour office staff. If you have any questions regarding your eligibility please email the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour firstname.lastname@example.org at least 14 days prior to the event you wish to compete in. If you do not fall into any of the above categories the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour is ticket to success.
Re: Current Member Disqualifications
Current Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour players will be disqualified from participation in Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour events if at anytime they meet any of the any of the above stated rules for disqualifications. At that time your current Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour card your status will be changed to an Open tour card for the remainder of your tour card time period.
Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour members will be eligible to participate in the Amateur division until:
1. You win 8 Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour events.
2. You win 4, $2,000 added or more Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour events
3. You place in the top 4 places of Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour events 16 times.
All players that have not met the disqualification rules for the Viking Cue Amateur 9-Ball Tour are welcome to participate in our Amateur division events.
About the Viking Tours: The Viking Cue 9-Ball Tour was founded in 1994 as an Ohio based tour. Over the years it has grown significantly to include many regions of the US. It is currently the largest and longest running Open regional billiards tour in the USA. The Viking Tours consist of four separate tours: The Viking Cue Open, Amateur Only, Amateur-Advanced and the Viking Cue – Olhausen Billiards Classic 9-Ball Tours. Combined, the tours offer approximately 141 tournament events each tour season for players from beginning to professionals to compete in. Player and business associate members are offered many outstanding benefits that separate the Viking Tours from any other tour in the USA. These benefits include: Health-care insurance, Free entry fees for Ladies and Junior players, Discounts to Military Personnel, Senior Citizens and Pool League Players. For more information about sponsoring, participating in or hosting Viking Tour events contact the tour at email@example.com or call 1-800-200-POOL .Visit the Viking Tours web page at: http://www.viking9balltour.com